Website Recoverycoa Marketing
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
E00390 – Alumni Relations Coordinator
Be a part of a dynamic team with the opportunity to see lives transformed from active substance use disorders into active recovery starting from day one of admission through their treatment and beyond. The Alumni Association is looking for an individual to join our creative and compassionate team of professionals who engage patients and alumni daily and develop innovative initiatives to support individuals in their recovery journey.
- Introduces the Alumni Association to all individuals and families when they are at Devon for treatment.
- Ensures all patients have consented to communications from the Alumni Association post discharge.
- Engages with patients during inpatient and outpatient treatment by leading 12-step groups and activities.
- Organizes events with alumni to help form connections among alumni and continue connectivity between alumni and RCA
- Builds strong rapport with alumni through follow-up texts, emails, social media, and Shoutout.
- Helps alumni reenter treatment in case of relapse and assists patients in their transition between levels of care.
- Works with the Alumni Operations Manager to ensure communication to all alumni is accurate, well written, and timely.
- Leads and hosts virtual and onsite alumni support meetings on a regular basis.
- Helps create volunteer, mentoring, and service opportunities to increase alumni involvement.
- Other duties, to be assigned.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis. Some local and overnight travel required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Social Work, Customer Relations, Project Management, Higher Education Administration, or Human Services preferred. At least 1 years’ experience in volunteer management, program administration, special events, or related field, ideally within addiction treatment. Familiarity with 12-step facilitation. An equivalent amount of education and experience may be considered.
- A people person who enjoys connecting with others, building others up, and seeing others succeed.
- A team player who is willing to collaborate efforts with others to accomplish Alumni Association goals with the ability to self-motivate and work alone to develop and implement strategic planning.
- Possesses an ability to organize, motivate and work with volunteers.
- Able to manage a budget to meet team goals, maintain expense reports.
- Must be well organized, able to prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously including event planning and project management.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft (Office, Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint), social media, Zoom, and mobile app technology.
- Familiar with/ability to learn EMR Software, Salesforce, Canva, Concur.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines is a must.
- Ability to engage and work with a cross-functional site and team leadership, clinical and medical staff, digital health professionals and a diverse group of patients and alums is a must.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, event spaces, treatment or outpatient facilities. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and mobile devises. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Non-Discrimination Statement:
- It is the policy of Recovery Centers of America (RCA) to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Bracebridge Hall – 314 Grove Neck Road, Earleville, Maryland 21919