Grounds maintenance workers ensure that the grounds of Recovery Centers of America – Bracebridge Hall are attractive, orderly, and healthy in order to provide a pleasant and safe outdoor environment.
- Responsible for meticulous upkeep of grounds, building exteriors and parking lots and other community buildings.
- Cares for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls
- Mixes and sprays or spreads fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders
- Mows and edges lawns, using power mowers and other appropriate tools
- Plants seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and applies mulch for protection, using gardening tools
- Removes dead, damaged, or unwanted plants and trees; Attaches wires from planted trees to support stakes
- Monitors and maintains plant health
- Removes trash from community perimeter on a daily basis
- Operates vehicle; driver’s license required according to community needs
- Assists Facilities Technicians with snow removal; Performs assigned maintenance tasks in a timely manner, as needed
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or the equivalent GED required
- 2+ years of experience in grounds-keeping is required, where knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in planting, cultivating, and trimming a variety of types of trees, shrubs, ground cover, flowers and grasses has been gained;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analysis, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
- Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Flexibility: Is open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Bracebridge Hall – 314 Grove Neck Road, Earleville, Maryland 21919