PRN Employment in Earleville, Maryland 21919
While maintaining integrity and attention to detail, perform any combination of professional housekeeping duties to maintain our facilities in a clean and orderly manner. Sustaining a clean and orderly environment for our patients is a critical factor in maintaining and strengthening our goal and mission to save one million lives.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure we provide 5 Star housekeeping services.
- Provide a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing.
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices.
- Assist with any function set-up or break-down.
- Stock cleaning closets with designated supplies and equipment. Ensure all supplies and equipment are secure at all times.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work area.
- Clean designated areas with proper chemicals, tools, and equipment.
- Check under furniture for debris; reposition furniture to correct floor plan.
- Inspect the condition of all furniture for tears, rips, and stains and report damages to supervisor. Dust pictures, frames, mirrors, fire extinguishers, exit signs, air vents, drapes, thermostats, piano, etc.
- Clean and dust lamps, light fixtures, light switches, etc.
- Vacuum and mop dining area.
- Clean all bathrooms, offices, community areas, etc.
- Replace facial and toilet tissues, paper hand towels, and soap dispensers as needed.
- Clean all public phones.
- Clean and vacuum all meeting rooms.
- Empty all trash cans indoors and outdoors.
- Check with supervisor daily for list of patient room linen changes and project lists.
- Clean and dust all windows. Make sure there are no finger prints on glass.
- Stock housekeeping department supplies.
- Ensure security is maintained with all cleaning supplies.
- Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies; notify supervisor on any damages, deficits and disturbances.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Minimum of one to two years of related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, chemicals, and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety practices as related to work.
- Clear understanding of OSHA and other regulatory requirements (including but not limited to SDS forms and The Joint Commission.
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use initiative and be flexible.
- Ability to maintain a "can-do" attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to use excellent interpersonal skill.
- Ability to take pride in a job well done.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management, staff, and patients.
- Ability to meet internal and external customer needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Ability to develop working relationships with a wide range of staff, patients and visitors.
- Ability to problem solve and make effective decisions relating to housekeeping services.
- Ability to solve problems that may involve several options in any situation.
- Ability to collaborate with others in seeking resolution.
- Ability to respond quickly to new challenges.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to staff, patients, and visitors.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Ability to comfortably use a broad range of communication styles.
- Ability to choose appropriate and effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Is open to change and new information;
- Adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles;
- Adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution.
- Uses time effectively and efficiently;
- Concentrates efforts on the most important priorities;
- Adeptly handles several tasks at once.
This job operates in a combination of environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, chemicals, biohazard waste and noise, mainly within normal range.
The requirements listed below are representative of the physical abilities required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is:
- Regularly required to talk and hear;
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms (including above the shoulders), climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl;
- Regularly lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance and peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus and identify colors.
Travel: No travel is expected of this position.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Earleville – 314 Grove Neck Road, Earleville, Maryland 21919