Full-time Employment in Earleville, Maryland 21919
Position Overview: While maintaining integrity and attention to detail, perform any combination of light to deep cleaning duties to maintain in-patient treatment facility and surrounding buildings on property. Sustaining a clean and orderly environment for our patients is a critical factor in maintaining and strengthening our goal and mission to save one million lives.
Spaces cleaned will include patient rooms and bathrooms, common areas and hallways, including stairwells and group rooms, office spaces and staff bathrooms, conference space, training rooms and special project or seasonal cleaning responsibilities. Duties may include making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms and halls, mopping and vacuuming floors, cleaning windows and window treatments and cleaning other spaces as needed.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ensure we provide 5 Star housekeeping services, to include:
- Performing a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting and polishing for individual patient rooms and bathrooms, common areas and bathrooms, office spaces, meeting rooms, dining facilities, windows, etc. in all buildings on facility property.
- Collect dirty laundry from patient areas and distribute clean linen to the appropriate floors; Remake beds after room changes and patient discharges.
- Adhering strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices.
- Stocking cleaning closets with designated supplies and equipment. Ensuring all supplies and equipment are always secured. Reporting issues to supervisor.
- Monitoring and maintaining cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work area.
- Cleaning designated areas with proper chemicals, tools, and equipment. Emptying all trash cans indoors and outdoors.
- Checking under furniture for debris; repositioning furniture to correct floor plan.
- Inspecting the condition of all furniture for tears, rips, and stains and reporting damages to supervisor.
- Dusting pictures, frames, mirrors, fire extinguishers, exit signs, air vents, drapes, thermostats, piano, etc. Cleaning and dusting lamps, light fixtures, light switches, etc.
- Wiping down all light switches, doorknobs, telephones, and other shared and high-touch items.
- Replacing facial and toilet tissues, paper hand towels, and soap dispensers as needed.
- Assisting with any function set-up or break-down.
- Checking with supervisor daily for list of patient room linen changes and project lists.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service
- Good oral communication skills
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
- Two years’ experience preferred.
Work Environment: This job operates in an inpatient treatment facility and is completed for the most part indoors. This position will require travel on facility property between buildings during high and low temperatures and all seasonal outdoor elements.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is constantly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, including stairs; twist and bend and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly push housekeeping cart and trash bins on wheels, lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Earleville – 314 Grove Neck Road, Earleville, Maryland 21919