Recovery Residence Support Staff
Part-time Employment in Earleville, Maryland 21919
Weekend availability required
The Residence Support Staff assists patients with substance abuse and mental health disorders, working under direction of the Recovery Residence House Manager. This includes assisting residence with daily schedules and leading patients in educational and recreational activities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Monitors resident activities, provides security checks throughout shift.
- Ensures resident safety.
- Assists in the activities of residents’ daily schedule.
- Performs all aspects of resident belongings processing for new admissions, including search, debugging, and delivery.
- Understands the principles of 12-Step Programs and how they apply to the SUD recovery process.
- Monitor and implement the house rules and policies and procedures of the recovery residence.
- Prepare and cook meals along with other residents as shared responsibilities.
- Administer random drug tests and breathalyzers.
- Enforce house rules and communicate with support staff.
- Maintain a household that is safe, sober, and recovery oriented.
- Is proficient with all technology hardware, company systems and tools required to perform duties.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with residents, families, visitors, referral sources, and all other contacts.
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including co-workers, residents, visitors, families, and referral sources.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience of 1 year working in substance use disorder treatment is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with all technology hardware, systems and tools required to perform duties; training will be provided as needed.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, and conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
Flexibility: Is open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution. Is willing to assume new responsibilities if the quality of patient care dictates.
Time Management: Uses his or her time effectively and efficiently; concentrates his or her efforts on the most important priorities; adeptly handles several tasks at once.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional in-patient treatment facility environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The requirements listed below are representative of the physical abilities required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is constantly required to stand and walk; occasionally sit, regularly reach with hands and arms; rarely climb or balance and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Earleville – 314 Grove Neck Road, Earleville, Maryland 21919