Website Recoverycoa Clinical
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
Substance Abuse Counselor
$5000 Sign-On Bonus!
Come grow with us! We recently completed construction on a beautiful new 2-story wing next to our 25,000 square foot mansion. We are strategically growing and are now ready to add additional therapists, licensed in the state of Maryland, with positive attitudes to join our dynamic Multidisciplinary Clinical Recovery Focused Treatment Team. Excellent salary with great benefits!
- Administer your Theory of Change focusing on an in-patient recovery population
- Engage in Individual Psychotherapy
- Facilitate your own Process Group multiple times per week
- Be a decision-making member of a Multi-disciplinary Treatment Team
- Create Treatment Plans and administer Assessments
- Teach Educational Classes
- Receive internal and external CEU trainings (RCA financed)
- Become nationally Trauma Certified (RCA financed)
- Directly make a positive impact on other people’s lives
- Be treated like a Licensed Professional
- Inspire and motivate RCA clients to help them develop tools to work toward recovery using evidence-based and person-centered practices.
- Evaluate clients’ mental and physical health, addiction, or problem behavior and assess their readiness for treatment
- Assist clients to develop treatment goals and plans
- Review and recommend treatment options with clients and their families
- Help clients develop skills and behaviors necessary to recover from their addiction or modify their behavior
- Work with clients to identify behaviors or situations that interfere with their recovery
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling required and licensure as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), a Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC), a Licensed Certified Social Worker Clinical (LCSW-C), a Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW), a Licensed Graduate Marriage & Family Therapist (LGMFT), a Licensed Clinical Marriage & Family Therapist (LCMFT), a Licensed Graduate Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LGADC) or a (Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC) in the State of Maryland.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by professional, supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Bracebridge Hall – 314 Grove Neck Road, Earleville, Maryland 21919